Snickerdoodle Swirl Skillet Cookie
Recipe and Photo By our friends at Ground Up Nut Butter
Makes 1 (9-inch) skillet cookie
Inspired by the mighty PBJ sandwich, we created this skillet cookie to mimic our favorite
childhood combo. And we honestly had a lot of trouble naming this creation—it’s a cookie and a
cake and a blondie all in one. It could be served at a brunch, as a dessert, or as an afternoon
snack with tea or coffee. The base is a moist, cinnamon-spiced cookie cake, which is then
swirled with jam for a stunning and tart contrast.
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup Cinnamon Snickerdoodle nut butter (page xx)
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted, plus extra to grease the pan
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 cup Kelly’s Marionberry Fruit Spread (if you want a kick try our Kelly’s Strawberry Habanero Pepper Jelly)
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Grease a 9-inch cast iron skillet with coconut oil.
2. In a large bowl, combine 2 eggs, almond extract, vanilla extract, Cinnamon
Snickerdoodle nut butter, coconut oil and coconut sugar. Mix to incorporate.
3. Add the baking soda, baking powder, fine sea salt and almond flour. Mix again to
4. Transfer mixture to skillet.
5. Top with jam, and use a butter knife to swirl the jam into the batter in a circular motion.
6. Bake for 28 to 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the edges just start to fold
7. Slice into wedges to serve. Store slices in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
We served it for friends recently, and they were shocked to learn it wasn’t loaded with flour and
sugar. They loved the flavors, especially the cinnamon and coconut which really shine through!